Warnings: spoiler alert, inappropriate jokes and comments. I just write down the thoughts in my head so please excuse me if they are disjointed.
- I find the lack of Kol, Rebekah and Elijah, you know, the other Originals, quite saddening. Something big is happening in New Orleans and we don’t get to see Rebekah’s and Kol’s reaction?! Isn’t it Kol who told Hope if something big happened, they’d come back? By ‘they’ he meant only Klaus?
- Moreover I really need an update on Kol’s and Rebekah’s recent activities (other than turning down Marcel’s proposal and eating papaya with Davina). Come on, this is the final season; shouldn’t they get more screentime?
- Klaus’s effort put in finding Hayley is really admirable. No one finds his missing daughter’s mom like Klaus *imitates Gaston’s voice*.
- On the other hand, the wolves look awfully comfy preparing for the carnival season than looking for their Alpha. Guess upholding the Mardi Gras tradition is more important than their Alpha’s safety. Weird.
- Or is it because they only care about their Alpha as much as they say? Where’s the pack spirit?
- As this point, it’s getting more and more likely Hayley may die in the sixth episode.
- We may have these formulas:
+Klaus + Elijah = high success rate (how they dealt with Tristan, Lucien…)
+Klaus + Marcel = rise of dictatorship
- Why? Because Klaus and Elijah are two sides of the same coin while Klaus and Marcel are one side of a coin.
- That doesn’t mean I’m against the Klaus-Marcel team-up. There’s certain amusement in watching them bullying ordering people around.
- In a show where the death ratio is a few/episode, Josh lives surprisingly long for a side character, not to mention he seems to get more screentime *whispers* more than actual Originals like Kol, Rebekah and Elijah. Good job, Josh. Hope to still see you around in the show finale.
- Josh even outlives some main characters *cough* Cami and possibly Hayley *cough*
- I’m not the only one to think if Colette and David had been a bit smarter they wouldn’t have bitten the dust, right? What I mean is if Colette had altered the barrier spell and locked themselves in then Klaus wouldn’t have been able to enter and kill them, would he?
- Or they could have gotten themselves out sooner, when Marcel was with him. Bad time is just bad.
- Is this an effing Twilight reference???
- Why am I having a hunch the future spinoff Legacies is gonna be a second Vampire Diaries/Twilight?
- Am still pretty conflicted about that spinoff. Not a big fan of shows focusing on teens in general and Alaric in specific.
- Here comes our episode-y dose of Klelijah.
- The more I watch, the more I find Roman suspicious. He might have already found out Hope’s true identity when he sneaked in Alaric’s office. Besides, the Mikaelsons are notorious in the supernatural world; shouldn’t their address in New Orleans is common knowledge. Then Roman only needed to put two and two together.
- Klaus “I just killed one of your friends but hey I’m asking nicely so you should help me” Mikaelson. If he needs someone to cast some spells, shouldn’t he call Freya?
- I was right about Henry’s murderer(s) targeting hybrids. What I don’t get is their purpose. Hybrids, or crossbreeds – including Hope, are incredibly rare to begin with, and two of them are already unkillable, so what’s the point in taunting them?
- Most favorite thing of the episode: The song played when the witches and wolves bury their fallen friends and the vampires give up their rings.